The contents, appearance and design of this Web Site, including text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other "Material", are protected under both United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Material is the property of the STR or, where applicable, its content suppliers. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose without prior written consent by STR and/or STR Global. The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited, unless expressly permitted by STR and STR Global.
You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that STR creates to generate its pages. It is also protected by the Company's copyright.
Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of Material.Acceptable Site Use
Use of the Website to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful is strictly prohibited.Web Site Security Rules
You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for Your use or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any other user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. STR and STR Global will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users of the Website who are involved in such violations.Specific Prohibited Uses
The Web Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking information, data and resources related to the worldwide lodging industry, as well as individuals seeking employment with or information on STR, STR Global or any of their associated companies. Accordingly, any of the following is strictly prohibited:
- Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate information or information which is not your own;
- Deleting or revising any material posted by any other person or entity;
- Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this site;
- Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Website's infrastructure.
- If you have a password allowing access to a non-public area of this Website, disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose;
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Website other than the search engine and search agents available from STR or STR Global on this Website and other than generally available third party web browsers (e.g., Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Explorer).
- Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Webste;
- Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Website, without prior written consent by STR and/or STR Global;
- Framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the Website.
- Using any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine," or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents.
- Harvesting or collecting information about Website visitors or users without their express consent; and
- Posting, distributing, or reproducing in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
You may be given a username and password by STR/STR Global in order to submit data and/or obtain reports via the Website. When and if you register for such username and password, you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address); and to maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Website.
You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your login information and shall not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third-party.
YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR LOGIN INFORMATION AND ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.Disclaimers
Inclusion of any linked third-party website on the STR/STR Global Website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by either STR or STR Global. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. STR and STR Global take no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this Website, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers, if any. By providing links to other sites, neither STR nor STR Global guarantees, approves or endorses the information or products available at these sites. STR and STR Global are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any other user of the Website. We are not responsible for the access to and links from the Website and you should ensure that you have software and hardware that are capable of accessing the Website effectively via your Internet service provider. We accept no liability for suspension, interruption, temporary unavailability, loss of data or faults occurring in the Website irrespective of cause, including a lack of suitable participants for a particular survey or report. You are advised to use appropriate anti virus software.U.S. Export Controls
Software available in connection with the Website (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Website or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.