Global Hotel Study 2018
An unprecedented, worldwide view of the hospitality industry
As the hospitality industry’s leading source for data and analytics, STR is thrilled to offer the third edition of our annual Global Hotel Study.
With detailed insights for more than 100 global markets, this report explores the highs, the lows, and the factors tipping the scale in each direction. Beyond the numbers, the greatest value of this report is that it ties together on-the-ground industry knowledge from STR experts located across 15 countries.
Your comprehensive guide
For investors, developers, operators and anyone with a vested interest in the hotel industry, this is your roadmap for setting strategies for the year ahead and beyond.
- Each world region broken into four categories: hot markets, up-and-coming markets, recovery markets, and markets in decline. Detailed analyses on the macroeconomic factors shaping their occupancy and average daily rate performances, such as tourism and corporate travel trends, currency exchange rates, investment landscapes, political scenarios, supply development, and many more.
- A look into the future of each region from STR’s forecast experts, helping you prepare for 2018 and beyond. Forecast insights also included for several markets in their individual analyses.
- Articles by STR executives exploring regional and market-level trends, based on their local market knowledge and expertise.
- 60+ charts
A few of our key findings
- There’s nothing cold about Canada’s hotel performance; market volatility, muted ADR growth and labor cost headaches for the U.S.
- South America sees demand outpace supply, while demand declines for Central America; Venezuela & Argentina impacted by currency devaluation; recovery for Brazil, as well as numerous markets across the Caribbean
- Europe remains strong thanks to recovery across various markets, as well as World Cup impact in Russia; mixed performance in the U.K and Spain
- Middle East posts ADR drop; Dubai sees supply buildup for 2020 Expo; mixed performance across Africa
- Travel & Tourism is on the rise for Asia Pacific, but competition is getting stronger; supply growth slows
We Also Recommend:
Market Forecast reports include supply, demand, room revenue, occupancy, average daily rate (ADR) and revenue per available room (RevPAR) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Reports are available for the Top 25 U.S. Markets and over 40 markets in Europe, Middle East and Asia/Pacific.
Hotel Reviews provide a ‘high-level’ overview of key markets in major regions, by sub-regions or countries.